Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New beginnings

I've always felt more comfortable outside.

I've hiked the Appalachian Trail, climbed the Adirondack Mountains, and have spent weeks on end sleeping on the ground and bathing in lakes. It's my bliss, and I can't live without it.

That said - while I wish I could pack up my apartment in New York City and transplant myself to the Sierras, the south coast of Hawai'i, or the southern cliffs of Big Sur - I have a good job, family and friends that keep me here for the time being.

How do you mesh the two, so that life is not just livable, but something that gives you joy? Where you look around your home and see the things you find in nature that make your soul feel whole?

You bring the outside in.

Love,
O+L


P.S. - I covet these Shawn Lovell bed frames - they remind me of a modern version of the traditional Adirondack frame, and I imagine lying in them would make you dream of sleeping under the stars....

Tree Bed - $15,000


Branch Bed - no price listed

No comments: